Mandatory competition cheer assessment Friday, August 14th
- 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Mandatory parent meeting to review competition team requirements
- Location TBD
Practice starting August 14th - September 11th
- Friday ONLY from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Practice starting September 15th - Septmember 25th (no practice during Fall Break Week)
- Tuesday from 7:30 pm 8:30 pm - right after sideline practice
- Thursday and Friday from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Practice October 6th - November 11th
Competition Cheer Registration Packet includes
Uniform Kept Items
- Player entrance fees to competitions
*All competition cheerleaders are expected to attend every scheduled practice. Coaches need to be notified of any absences before August 14, 2020. If more than two practices are missed without prior notification, the cheerleader will be dismissed from the team without refund.
What to Wear and Bring to Competition Practice
- Shorts/tank top/t-shirt/sports bra and tennis or cheer shoes (leggings during colder months). Girls cannot practice in socks or barefoot for safety reasons
- Hair must be in ponytail with cheer bow
- Water or Gatorade
- Bug spray (when practicing at Lost Mountain Park)
- FACE MASK – required to be with cheerleader at all times. Used at all times when stunting and/or routine work that keeps cheerleaders closer than 6ft.
- NO JEWELRY (If ears have been newly pierced please cover with small band-aids)
- NO GUM
- NO PHONES (unless they stay in a backpack - competition practice is a closed practice. Parents/responsible party must stay on site in their cars when practicing at Lost Mountain Park. At all other practice locations, parents must stay in cars or may drop off.)
Summer Cheer Camp
Little Hoyas Cheer Camp
- If you'd like to apply for a head coaching position, please email your intent to coach along with a resume or credentials to: Cheerad@HoyaYouthFootball.com
- Coaches will be required to complete a more in depth background check that will cost them $25. This background check link will be on the Cobb Football League website when parents are registering their children. Coaches will also, have to show a valid id with photo before receiving their CFL badge.
- All coaches are required to take the free Heads Up Concussion training. Click here 'Head Up Concussion In Youth Sports' to begin the training. Once you've completed the course, you'll be presented with a completion certificate. Print this out and bring it when you check out your equipment.
Competition is for Grades 1-5 Only
COMPETITION CHEER INFORMATION